This fall was full of fun VT and UNC football games, both teams finished up with great seasons! I was so excited to see UNC back in football and I told everyone they would be back soon :) I was able to go to the UNC vs. Boston College game and it was quite possibly one of the best games I have ever seen! My family and I traveled to Charlotte and Chapel Hill for VT games, away games are always so much fun roadtripping with everyone. While in Charlotte for the game we were able to see our old house, go out to eat and shop at some of my favorite stores, fall in love with my favorite city all over again and also go to FBCC! I love being able to go back to FBCC and worship there with all of our friends who we grew up with. I sure wish we got to go back to Charlotte to visit with our friends more often!
This fall I also finished up my classes at Longwood and am now officially done with college classes! What a great feeling! However it was a little bitter sweet knowing that never again will I live within a 5 minute radius of all my friends again. I made great friends friends from both Longwood and Hampden Sydney! Now we will all be spread out from California, Conneticut, Virginia and wherever grad schools and jobs take us all. I am so lucky to be blessed with these wonderful friends and to have such great memories to cherish while I look on to many more. It was hard telling everyone "bye" so I just said see ya later.
Back in August I had the opportunity to go back to teaching Youth Sunday School, this truly has been such a blessing for me! Not only is it a time for me to be able to witness to the youth and teach them about God and being a Christian even when its not seen as the "cool thing" with their friends and family but I get so much out of it. God has used this ministry oportunity for me to be able to draw closer to Him and to dive more into His word! I also love getting to spend time with my group of girls, they are such a fun group. We had a Breakaway Disciple Now weekend this fall where I was able to build relationships with the girls. The topic of the weekend was REALationships, having Godly relationships with our friends, boyfriend/girlfriends, family, and the church. Doug Compton was our speaker for the weekend and was fantastic. A group of students from Liberty also came and were the leaders and they were a wonderful group that lead us in worship, skits, and break out Bible studies. They were such a fun and nice group, I loved getting to know them and serving the youth along with them. They did a great job connecting with the youth group and they all really enjoyed getting to hang out with them. We also did a scavenger hunt and I have to give a shout out to my girls the "THUNDERBOLTS" who came in 1st place! :) On Saturday night we had such a sweet time of worship and walls were broken in the youth group and we all drew together praying for each other. Words can just not describe this weekend besides AWESOME and AMAZING! This weekend also led me to rededicating my life to the Lord. I have also been able to help with several children's ministry activities at church and have loved being able to be a part of that ministry as well and all the things that God is doing in the life of our church.
2026 World Cup Printable Bracket
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment