This past weekend we headed to Charlotte for a my birthday/Mark and Christina's Wedding (yay for Bro and Sis-in-law being married now!)/to worship at First Baptist Church (where I grew up). As soon as I get my pictures loaded you can expect a blog about the first two things on that list but today we are going to focus on the last event on the list.
First Baptist Charlotte, it has a very special and dear place in my life. When I am there I am filled with excitement, joy, worship, awe, get goosebumps and even tear up a little bit. This church has so much history in it for me and is filled with many many many dear people to me.
First Baptist is where I learned to...
*have a relationship with Christ
*worship
*serve
*pray
*be a friend
First Baptist is where I...
*was saved by the grace and love of Christ
*was baptized
*watched my parents train my sister and I in the way we should go and raise us in a Christian home
*made my first life long friends
*was loved by my church family and ministers
*first had the calling to be a ministers wife
*was able to experience what being a couple in the ministry was like through watching the Godly examples of many of our ministers especially Dr. Charles Page and his wife, Sandra. If anyone knows me well they know that this couple is extremely special to me and I often reflect on the love that they had for the Lord, for their family, each other, and their church members. I remember the days where I would go sneak into Dr. Page's office to get candy and talk to him. I remember the morning of my baptism and my dad and I sitting in his office talking about my life as a Christian. I remember Mrs. Page treating me as her own while at summer camp when I missed my parents. I remember their warmth and smiles. I love how to this day I can still talk to Mrs. Page and see the love of Christ in her.
First Baptist has...
*authentic worship
*preachers who preach the Word of God without fear
*many of my family's life long friends and it is always so special to get to go to worship together and catch up. Whenever we see them it is if we have never left and we catch up right where we left off.
As you can tell this place is very dear to my family and I am so thankful that Matt was able to be a part of this for the first time this past weekend. I look forward to him joining along side there when we visit again. We may have moved and now we have another wonderful church to worship in but FBC Charlotte is my home church and I love being there.
I pray that each and every person that reads my blog has a wonderful church to attend and if they don't that they will find one. I would love to hear from each of you, where is that special place in your life?
2026 World Cup Printable Bracket
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment