Adoption Fund

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Birthday Surprises!

I knew that I had a romantic husband and Matt truly shined for my birthday this year.   For about a month Matt had been talking about my birthday and being very sneaky so I knew that he had something up his sleeve for this special day.  I had no idea what he was planning but was wonderfully surprised on my birthday with a fun and exciting trip with my man!  The day started early on Thursday morning getting in the car with my suitcases packed and no idea where we were heading.  First stop breakfast at Dunkin Donuts, I love doughnuts so it was the perfect breakfast meal for me.  After leaving there I knew that we could go north, south, east or west, Matt turned south.  At each turn in the road Matt had me guessing where we were going.  It became a fun game and great way to keep me awake because I didn't want to miss a single clue in the road turns.

So here is our amazing trip turned out...
*lunch at Stamey's BBQ in Greensboro, one of my absolute favorites
*Zoo to visit Africa, we had a blast walking around hand in hand talking and seeing the animals.  We were reminded of God's majesty and creativity in each and ever animal we saw.  The intricate designs and patterns on each animal and the uniqueness in everyone.
*back in the car off to our final destination no clue where again...
*downtown Charlotte (my hometown) staying right in the heart of the city at the Hilton! Breathtaking views and amazing room with beds that were divine.
*dinner downtown at Roosters, delicious duck, steak, asparagus, and potatoes. Great atmosphere and romantic date night with my handsome husband!
*shopping at Southpark
*cupcakes at Harris Teeter













So thankful for the thought, time and energy that Matt put into each step of the day.  I could not ask for a better day to celebrate my birthday! I am so thankful for his love and thoughtfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment