Friends
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another"
Proverbs 27:17
In late February Matt and I met up in Farmville with my college roomate (Laura aka ROOM) and her husband to spend some time reminiscing and catching up at Longwood. I am so fortunate that when I went to college God had a best friend there ready to experience the 4 years of college with me. Laura and I became best friends almost instantly when we met in our Freshman Seminar class. Who knew that 6 years later and 4 hours away from each other we would remain just as close as we were at Longwood. I am so thankful to have a best friend like her who I can call and share all of the joys and up and downs of teaching, as well as our joys of life and love! We had a great time visiting with them and look forward to getting together soon! In Farmville there is a huge furniture store and we spent several hours looking at furniture while we caught up. Jonathan liked this one with the secret compartment to store things.
Longwood's Rotunda!
Matt and Laura relaxing in a new chair.
Best Friends/Roomates enjoying the day on campus.
Thanks Laura and Jonathan for meeting us for a fun afternoon! Can't wait to get together again soon. Maybe a weekend on the RIVAH!Birthdays
"I thank my God everytime I remember you."
Philippians 1:3
This past weekend my family and I went to celebrate my Great Uncle's 84th Birthday with him. Bunny is truly like another grandfather to me and I am so blessed to have this Godly man in my life. Bunny and I have a bond that no one could ever come between! We joke with each other and solve all the world's problems on his front porch as we watch the cars go by. When the weather gets warm I try to escape to his house as much as possible to spend time with him. Bunny shares some great stories about times when he had grown up and about all of his traveling adventures that he still goes on. Not to mention he has lots of fun toys at his house to play with including a golf cart that he allows me to get out and we ride around the neighborhood in. I have very fond memories of beach trips in his camper, watching movies, taking walks, and just sitting on his front porch together. I look forward to many more years of this! I love you Bunny!
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."
1 Corinthian 13:4-8
Last weekend we also went to our friends Andrew and Allison's wedding. It was a COLD spring day but a lovely wedding at Virginia Tech. We enjoyed attending the wedding and dancing the night away with friends and family! If I may say so myself Matt and I make a lovely couple! I enjoy getting dressed up and going out on the town together.
P.S. Doesn't my man look handsome in a bowtie?! One of the things that first caught my eye when I saw him!Full Moon Saturday
“For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land.”
Psalm 95:3-5
A few weeks ago we had the biggest brightest moon and even on a cloudy night what a beautiful sight to see. Matt and I took off to the parkway and drove up to one of our favorite overlooks and enjoyed taking in the beautiful creation that our God has created. It was a fun night spending time talking and enjoying being outside on a beautiful early spring night!
One last picture...on a beautiful spring weekend! I am so glad the weather is finally turning warmer and look forward to spending lots of time outside. I am most definitely a warm weather girl!
"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
Colossians 3:12-14


No comments:
Post a Comment