Matt preparing dinner, yum!
The pretty/romantic table
The backyard lit up

Matt on our picnic overlooking the valley

Me overlooking the city

The beautiful view

I love birthdays, I think they are full of fun and excitement. I enjoy celebrating my own birthday as well as celebrating others birthdays. My birthday this year was full of many surprises and great times! I was able to celebrate for several days which is always a nice treat! :)
On Sunday Matt and I celebrated my birthday. Matt had planned a special and fun day just for me. It started off early Sunday morning. I am always running late for church and my dad has to be there early so I cause him to be late if I ride with my parents. Matt had told them he would pick me up this week and this is where surprise #1 occured. I LOVE Krispy Kreme doughnuts and when I opened the door to let Matt in the house he was standing there with HOT fresh doughnuts. What a delicious breakfast! After eating several doughnuts (I probably could have eaten all 12) we headed off to church. It was a great morning of worship! I am thankful for a loving God who has blessed me so much every year of my life.
After lunch we went on a picnic. Surprise #2 Matt had picked out a spot with a beautiful view! This weekend the temperatures had been right at 100 but up on the mountain there was a nice cool breeze. We had our lunch and then just explored the mountain top. It was fun talking and exploring God's beautiful creation.
During the afternoon we enjoyed our time together at the mall shopping and then back to his house to relax. All along I had been told we had dinner reservations at 6:00 and that we would need to get ready and dressed up to go. While we were hanging out I was anxious to find out this next surprise of where he would take me. Surprise #3 was there was no restraunt but Matt was going to fix me dinner all by himself! It was so sweet. He prepared a delicious meal of Chicken Marsala, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, brocoli, then strawberries/blackberries with whipped cream for dessert! He did a great job preparing all the food. Not only did he do a great job preparing the food but he also did a great job decorating the table.
Matt made this day so special! I am very thankful for the fun memories that we made with each other today.

No comments:
Post a Comment