March has been a great month so far and has kept me busy busy! Lots of fun being able to hang out with family and friends! :) And as you all know I have been filling out job applications and also studying for the Praxis II, well some big days with that is coming up. THIS Saturday is when I take the Praxis, please pray that I will pass the first time! I have been spending my afternoons this week reviewing the information and think it should go pretty well. I also have two job interviews coming up the last week of March, stay posted for how they go!
Last Friday I finished my Kindergarten placement and the class threw me a fun farewell party! We had snacks and opened my presents. They gave me a scrapbook that Mrs. Blevins made for me with pictures from my time in the class as well as pictures of the individual students. Each student wrote me a sweet letter to go a long with their picture! I love my "Bee Book" and enjoyed looking at it with the children. They also gave me flowers, a candle, and then a bag with each of their handprints on it, and the bag was full of school supplies that I will need as a teacher. They were such a cute group and I will miss them :)
This Monday I started in Fifth Grade and it is quite a drastic change from Kindergarten and most of the kids are as big as or bigger than me! They are a fun group of 96 students so I am trying to learn each of their names. They say I'm a pro at learning names and are impressed with how fast I am learning them, there are still a few in block that I need to learn. I am currently helping direct/teach the class and will officially take over on Tuesday teaching plants and animal cells in Science, and Language Arts will continue to be class projects for another week as we wrap up Nonfiction.
FOR THE NOW VERY EXCITING NEWS!! During the past week I got to go see UNC play twice! I got to go to the Carolina/VT game in Blacksburg last Wednesday and saw a great game however one that also kept me nervous to the last minute. It was a lot of fun being with Emily, S, and the Bolinskys for dinner and the game! On Sunday Dad and I headed down to Chapel Hill to try our luck at getting tickets to the Carolina/Duke game and we were SUCCESSFUL! :) This is the second year we have gotten in the game and it is truly the best game a basketball fan could EVER go to. I also enjoy it because I can see the senior introductions and speeches. In 2005 when I started college and the senior class at Carolina was freshmen I set my mind on it that I wanted to be there for their senior game! I loved every minute of it! Dad and I went down on Franklin Street for lunch and shopping, then went to the basketball musuem (needed a lot more time to stay in there), and then we headed out to find tickets. We were out on the sidewalk for a long time and got to know the scalpers quite well! haha That is how we got our tickets though because one had spent time around dad and I and when a guy said he wouldn't sell his tickets to scalpers he said well then sell them to this girl cause she has been dying to get inside that game all day! I was soooooo excited that we were in! :) The game was great with a wonderful outcome as well!! Pictures will come soon, gotta get batteries for the camera before being able to upload them.
2026 World Cup Printable Bracket
2 months ago

I'm taking the Praxis II on Saturday too! So I guess I'll see you there! Good luck :)
ReplyDelete