Every Thanksgiving I write a post about the things that I am thankful for from that year and while my list could go on and on, I normally pick 20-30 things. This year like every other year has been one of many blessings! Considering I have taken a hiatus from the blog world I think it is best that I first welcome my new sweet, adorable, cuddly, snuggle, beautiful niece to the world! Catherine was born in August and brings so much joy and delight into Aunt Ah's life. Honestly being Aunt Ah is one of the BEST callings that I have in life. I could spend all day with my two sweet girls or talking about them. I pray that Caroline and Catherine will come to know the Lord at an early age and that my life will be an example of how to be a Godly woman day in and day out. I pray that these two little girls will find joy and delight in God and His Word and that they will serve Him all the days of their lives. I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with these two bundles of joy and think they do a great job starting my list of things I am thankful for!
Those pictures sure do add a lot of cuteness to this post! :) Now for the rest of my list....(warning the first 7 are long. If you want the quick and condensed version just look for the bold print!)
I am thankful for..
1. My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I am thankful for his grace, mercy, strength, wisdom, love, and provision that He so abundantly bestows on us each and every day. Without Christ I am nothing and able to do nothing, Christ gives me the strength and power to accomplish all good works through Him.2. My husband, Matt. He is a joy to be married to and is a wonderful head of our household. He encourages me each and every day to be the best that I can be. He makes me breakfast and lunch, he makes me laugh and smile, he loves me for who I am. He is a hard worker, completing school and work, all while still making time for me and family!
3. My parents! I honestly believe that my sister and I were blessed with the BEST parents two girls could ask for. They taught us what it meant to believe in Christ, they helped shape us into the women that we are today, they provided (and still do) for us, they care for us, they love us, they spend time with us, they encourage us, they are our biggest cheerleaders!
4. My sister, brother-in-law. They are some of Matt and I's greatest friends and I am so thankful that they now live 10 minutes away vs. 45 minutes. They are a blast to be around and also help encourage us. They love us unconditionally and they share their girls and dog with us! My sister and I truly are each others best friends and have fun chatting over coffee or playtime with the girls. My brother-in-law and I enjoy bonding over sports and daily life. While Matt and Em like to work on renovation projects, and S and him like to play golf and talk about the latest gadgets and technology. Of course I love my sweet little nephdog Jack!
5. My in-laws (parents and brother and sister). I am thankful for Matt's family and the encouragement that they are to us. They too walk alongside us in life and care for us. Even though we do not live in the same town I am thankful for the time that we do get to spend together and cherish the moments that pass too quickly! I am thankful for a mother-in-law who steps in to clean and prepare frozen meals for us when I am overwhelmed with two jobs! We are excited that soon another little niece will be joining our family! :)
6. My extended family. I love all of my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins dearly! I cherish that time that we get to spend with them. It seems that as we get older the time gets less and less but I want it to be more and more. I often reflect on the good memories and get sad that the times together aren't as frequent with all our busy schedules. I think that is one reason I LOVE the holiday season is because I know that it includes a lot of family time! I do cherish my relationships with my grandparents and enjoy my weekly/biweekly calls to catch up on life. I could sit and talk with my grandparents for HOURS!
7. My new job. THE LORD PROVIDES! This summer I was on the search for a new job as I had lost my old job due to low enrollment at the school. After many interviews God has provided the PERFECT job and I am so happy with my new school, class, and students! I am so happy to be teaching and caring for my new school. I pray that I am a witness to all there. (Stay tuned for future blog post about the new job and the hunt for a job)
8. A new-to-us car!
9. Friends, both new and old
10. Sunshine
11. Fall leaves
12. Books
13. Coffee to start my days with
14. Football and Basketball
15. Decorating the house and entertaining people
16. God's guidance
17. The Bible
18. Families that still call on me to babysit
19. A day at the beach in July when I didn't think I would get to go this summer
20. A day on the lake
21. Continued tradition of going to UNC games with my dad
22. Mega-bed! (A pallet out of blankets and pillows that Matt and I make for at home movie nights)
23. Laughter
24. Prayer
25. Encouragement
26. The overwhelming generosity of others!
27. A church that boldly proclaims the gospel
28. A warm home!
29. Mom's homecooking
Of course there are many other things that I am thankful for and this list is by no means all that I am thankful for or in any specific order. I just like to jot things down each year. Many years the things are the same and some years new things are added. However each year one thing remains, I am truly thankful that the Lord has given me each and every blessing listed or not listed!
"Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:
Post a Comment