Adoption Fund

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Look Back at a Wonderful Christmas!

I always love Christmas and have a great time celebrating with family and friends. This year we had a wonderful time as usual full with many fun times laughing and spending time together. These pictures show just a glimpse of the fun that I had and the memories that I will cherish for a long time!

The Christmas tree all decorated and presents tucked under. Christmas Eve Eve my family, Matt and my sisters in-laws all celebrated by having a delicious dinner, spending time together and opening presents.
Matt and I on Christmas Eve. We had a great first Christmas together that we will both remember forever. Loving the new sweater that he gave me in this picture!
Emily and I in our Christmas PJ's. This is always one of my favorite things to get each year. We always look forward to our new pj's to wear.
Jack and I all worn out after visiting and celebrating Christmas Eve. We are tucked in for the night before Christmas.
Christmas was spent down at my grandparents house. The holidays there are full of many traditions. On Christmas Eve we went to church for the candlelight service, I love going to this service as it helps to prepare my heart and mind for Christmas and how it is about Jesus coming to earth to save all of us from our sins. After the service we go to my aunt and uncles for a party. On Christmas day we wake up and have breakfast with mom's side of the family and open presents. For lunch we go and celebrate with my dad's family and then we spend the rest of the day/night visiting and hanging out with friends and family. I am so thankful for the many fun times and traditions that we have enjoyed over the years! I look forward to many more. Unfortunately I was too busy enjoying Christmas and didn't take too many pictures but enjoy the ones I took.

Dad and I hanging out with the family on Christmas evening.

On a Snowy Sunday after Christmas. Matt came and picked me up at my grandparents to go to Boone with his family for a few days. When we left in the snow that morning we did not know what adventures were in store for us that week, but what a fun time that we had. We got up there without any problems until we got to the neighborhood the house was in and the hills were snow covered! The man at the rental place told us there was no way that our cars could make it up to the house. Here is where the adventures started. He shuttled all 5 of us and our two car fulls of stuff up to the house as we left our cars down at the bottom of the hill. We spent the week spending quality time together, playing games and the Wii, watching movies, exploring the beautiful outdoors and going into Blowing Rock and Boone once the streets got plowed. Thank you to Matt's family for a memorable vacation. It was great spending time with you all over the holidays!
The beautiful sunrise on the last morning there. Now this is a sight I could wake up to every day!


Matt and I in Blowing Rock. We stopped to take some pictures at a church that was decorated for Christmas.
All of us on the last morning before we left.
After leaving the mountains we went to visit my Uncle, Aunt, and cousins in South Carolina. We had a great time visiting with each other and ringing in the New Year. We went shopping, played Just Dance on the Wii (which provided many good laughs), and ate a traditional New Years meal. This was also a neat time because Matt was able to show me where he went for training for his job. I enjoyed being able to see places that he has told me about and learn more about his work head quarters.
The rocks at the river.
Olivia and I on her favorite "chair" downtown. She was a great tourguide!
Matt and Olivia exploring down by the river.
Matt talking over the USC bowl game with this gentleman downtown.
Emily, Leslie and I taking a break inside the Michelin Store.
















No comments:

Post a Comment