I have a cute yet challenging class of 21 this year. They each are unique and fun and wide open little kids. I have many interesting stories everyday! After 11 days I am finally getting in the swing of things and not looking like I was ran over by a truck at the end of the day.
The best things about Kindergarten is they LOVE their teacher and let you know it. One day we were reading a book called The Kissing Hand and it taught them how to use sign language to say "I love you", while I was walking across the room one of the little boys held up his hand and showed me the sign. I call that strategy melt the teachers heart. The kids are also great for my ego, I am told multiple times a day that I am pretty.
One thing I always hope for in my classroom is that I can be a witness to the kids even though I am in a public school setting. I have had a few opportunities as the kids have opened up to me. During our weather time one day I asked them why does it rain, and several of the kids said "because God is watering the earth". I smiled and said I think so too! Then I heard a little one singing "Jesus Loves Me" and I told him that was one of my favorite songs. But my ALL TIME FAVORITE was after reading the book Brown Bear Brown Bear I had the students draw a picture of what they saw looking at them and one little boy excitedly came up to me saying "look at what I drew! It's Jesus watching over me!" We talked about how great it was that no matter where we go Jesus is always with us.
Here are a few pictures of my classroom:
Circle Area:
The tables:








I love your room - it's great. Glad you are now "in the swing of things"
ReplyDeleteSweet that they love you, sweeter still that with God's love you can love them and make a difference in their lives.
Your classroom is seriously HUGE!!! Lucky you :) I hope you are loving Kindergarten, Allison! Let me know if you would ever like an extra hand! I would love to volunteer!
ReplyDeletei am impressed, what a great teacher you are ... thankful you have met Matt and God has put you together...... hope to meet you someday.... Blessings..... sherrill
ReplyDelete