Adoption Fund

Monday, May 17, 2010

Count Your Blessings

Count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done! We are so often blessed by the many things that God has given us but do we take the time to count the blessings and thank Him for them? This post is dedicated to some of the blessings He has given to me.

After 14 years of living in this town I am finally feeling as if I am home here. During High School I always had friends here but now that I am back here after college and working God has truly given me some of the best friends. We have a great time together wherever we are! Most of the time we see each other several times a week whether it is at church on Sunday mornings, Bible Studies throughout the week, or just hanging out at night. You can always find us having a good time! It is so great to be able to grow in the Lord with each other. I know He has great things in store for all of us!

My sister. We can be complete opposites but we are always there for each other and lending a helping hand. I know that I can call her and she will be there with a listening/encouraging ear! (That is if she answers her phone---haha) It is fun to get the updates on things that she is doing and for her to share an interest in my life as a teacher. She always has the older sister wisdom that I need. Even if sometimes it takes a while for me to let it soak in. My sister is extremely smart, a loving wife, daughter, and sister and I know that one day she will make a wonderful mom! :) I am looking forward to that part!
Family. Not only am I thankful for my immediate family but also for my extended family. We all have a blast together! I wish that we lived closer to each other so we could get together more often. There are many good stories/laughs/adventures/inside jokes among all of us! I am so thankful to call them not only family but friends. I cherish every moment with all of them and leave anticipating the next time we will all be together!
My Parents. I have two of the most Godly examples as a Dad and Mom! I thank God every day for the parents that he has blessed me with. I do not know where I would be in life without them. They lead me in the way that I should go, whether it is by prayers, directions, advice, or just a listening ear they are always right there. I am truly thankful that they raised my sister and I in a home that sought God in everything. They have taught me that no matter the circumstance God will be faithful and provide! I love them dearly and am looking forward to many more great times with them in life!



Also a wonderful job that I enjoy going to everyday. One where I get to teach and share smiles, hugs, and love with many little children. I pray that I will be a witness to them everyday somehow and someway. I know that God has a plan for my job next year and I am excited to see where He leads me next!

Thankful for the blessings the Lord has given me, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment